Historical abstract

 

 

 

 

Damanhour University is a public university that was established after its separation from Alexandria University by

Presidential Decree No. (303) dated October 26, 2010. It is subject to the Egyptian Universities Law No. 49 of 1972.

Therefore, it is newly established but has a long history of foundation.

Damanhour University has a membership in the following Arab and international federations:

  • Association of Arab Universities.
  • Mediterranean Universities Union.
  • Francophone Universities Union.
  • Network for Quality and Performance Measurement of Universities at the Islamic Authority for Quality Assurance

and Accreditation.

Damanhour University got the (ISO 9001/2008) certificate in 2014.

 

 

On 4/12/1988, Republican Decree No. (507) was issued to establish a branch of Alexandria University in Damanhour.

On 26/10/2010, Presidential Decree No. (303) was issued to establish Damanhour University.

 

 

Faculty of Education

 It is the first faculty that opened after the issuance of Republican Decree No. 507 of 1988.

Faculty of Agriculture

 In 1983, it began as a branch of the Faculty of Agriculture at Alexandria University, then became independent after the

issuance of Republican Decree No. 507 of 1988 to establish the Faculty of Agriculture in Damanhour.

Faculty of Arts

 In 1984, it began as a branch of the Faculty of Arts at Alexandria University, then became independent after the

issuance of Republican Decree No. 507 of 1988 to establish the Faculty of Arts in Damanhour.

Faculty of Commerce

 In 1983, it began as a branch of the Faculty of Commerce at Alexandria University, then became independent after the

issuance of Republican Decree No. 507 of 1988 to establish the Faculty of Commerce in Damanhour.

Faculty of Nursing

 It was established according to Presidential Decree No. 267 of 2006.

Faculty of Science

  On 27/3/2007, Republican Decree No. 87 was issued establishing the Faculty of Science at Alexandria University,

Damanhour Branch.

Faculty of Veterinary Medicine

On 27/3/2007, Republican Decree No. 87 was issued establishing the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at Alexandria

University, Damanhour Branch.

Faculty of Pharmacy

 In 2008, it began as a branch of the Faculty of Pharmacy at Alexandria University, then became independent after the

issuance of Republican Decree No. 303 of 2010 to establish the Faculty of Pharmacy in Damanhour.

Faculty of Education for Early Childhood

In 2008, it began as a branch of the Faculty of Kindergarten in Alexandria, then became independent after the

issuance of Republican Decree No. 303 of 2010 to establish the Faculty of Kindergarten in Damanhour. The name of

the faculty was changed to the Faculty of Education for Early Childhood in the academic year 2018/2019.

 Faculty of Dentistry

It was established by Presidential Decree No. 303 of 2010. The first-year students began studying there in 2013/2014.

Now, the building of the faculty is still under construction.

 Faculty of Engineering

It was established by Presidential Decree No. 303 of 2010.

 Institute of Graduate Studies and Environmental Research

The Institute was established by Ministerial Decree No. 863 of 2014, and the regulations were approved.

Faculty of Specific Education

It was established in Al Nubaria by Ministerial Decree No. 1679 of 2017.

 Faculty of Computers and Information

 It was established in Al Nubaria by Ministerial Decree No. 1734 of 2018.

Faculty of Applied Arts

 It was established in Al Nubaria by Ministerial Decree No. 1813 of 2019.

 

 

Damanhour University has a total area of 2,101,568 m2. It includes four educational complexes:

 

It is located in Damanhour and includes the faculties of Pharmacy, Science, Veterinary Medicine and Nursing, the

central laboratories building, some administrative buildings and the under-construction building of the Faculty of

Dentistry.

 Al Ab’adia Theoretical Complex:

It is located at Al Ab'adia and includes the faculties of Education, Commerce, Arts, Agriculture, Education for Early

Childhood, and Engineering, in addition to the integrated education building.

• Al-Bustan

It is located in Al Dalengat and includes the Institute of Graduate Studies and Environmental Research, six buildings designated for the University City, an 84-acre farm belonging to the Faculty of Agriculture, and two fish farms.

• Al Nubaria Complex:

It is located in Al Nubaria and includes the Faculty of Computers and Information, the Faculty of Applied Arts, and an administrative building for the administration of Al Nubaria sector.

 

 

Last update : 13/03/2024 01:56 AM
Reads count : 88266